Who we are:
Spring Venture Group is a sales, marketing, and technology firm comprised of three direct-to-consumer health insurance platforms. Our people and our mission help seniors across the country navigate the complex world of Medicare insurance. With a win-win value proposition, our teams deliver Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, Critical Illness, and Dental, Vision & Hearing insurance products tailored to every client’s individual needs. We hire remarkable people to do great work, solve challenging problems and have fun.
What we want:
Are you frustrated with layers of red tape, ridiculous engineering standards, or the lack of competitive ping-pong players at your corporate job? Do you see a better way of doing things, but you are unable to implement change because bureaucracy or non-technical manager is blocking your way? Do you believe process should help drive business results, not be an obstacle?
The Software Engineer III is a technical team leader, helping to design new applications, define coding standards and mentoring other developers. Our ideal candidate is passionate about pushing the boundaries of software technologies for users to connect and interact with information, and one another. They will help develop and manage technology road maps and influence other parts of the business to help strengthen our systems and strategies.
- Design, build, and maintain modern web apps for use by internal and external customers
- Work with existing REST APIs developed within SVG and by our partners, as well as build new APIs as needed
- Work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to develop high-quality applications suited for their specific needs in a timely fashion, giving input on what is both intuitive and feasible
- Research and recommend appropriate technologies and best practices for client-side applications
- Contribute to front end architectural improvements and create shared visual components that span our services
- Self-motivated individual that loves solving problems
- Team player with a propensity for leadership, mentoring and helping others
- Strong track record of using technology to deliver quality business results in a rapid manner
- Collaborate well with other IT staff and articulate technical concepts to product owners
- Passion for learning new technologies and approaches for solving business problems
- Firm belief in DevOps principles and are passionate about automation testing
- Strong practical knowledge of developing business solutions with Java EE, Spring-boot, or other Java-based enterprise development framework
- Understanding of key concepts around performance to ensure applications perform well under load
- Knowledge of application security concepts to ensuring your application security
- At least 5 years experience in a developer role
- All team members exemplify the desired culture and organizational philosophies to work effectively with members of various departments
You will use technologies and approaches including:
- Microservices Architecture
- Spring boot
- Amazon Web Services
- Messaging technologies
- Single Page Application User Interfaces using Angular
- Chaos Monkey
- DevOps Automation
- Agile/Lean development practices
Must be authorized to work legally within the US. H-1B Sponsorship is not available for this position. Spring Venture Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.