Are you a recent college graduate looking for an opportunity to apply your Computer Science degree? Do you want to take what you learned in college and use it to solve actual business problems that continue to push the boundaries in the Insurance Industry? Looking for real world experience on cutting edge IT systems, not building reports or only test cases?
Spring Venture Group has an opening for an entry level Software Engineer at its Kansas City, MO corporate headquarters. This is your opportunity to work for a rapidly growing organization that is revolutionizing our market space. We are a stable company that has the culture of a Silicon Valley startup. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
- Design, Develop and Test software systems to meet business needs in compliance with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Work on moderately-sized projects with oversight.
- Accurately communicate pertinent information and ensure that information in the organization’s Agile project tracking tool accurately represents work required to complete project and task statuses to remain up-to-date.
- Work with Service Delivery Manager in coordination of Tier 3 support for resolving production issues.
- You are self-motivated individual that loves solving problems.
- You collaborate well with other IT staff and you can articulate technical concepts to product owners.
- You have a passion for learning new technologies and approaches for solving problems.
- You have a strong belief in the DevOps principles and are passionate about automation testing.
- You must have practical knowledge of developing solutions with Java, Spring-boot, or other Java based enterprise development frameworks.
- All members of our team must exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization and be able to work effectively with members of various departments.
You will use technologies and approaches including:
- Microservices Architecture
- Spring boot
- Amazon Web Services
- Messaging technologies
- Single Page Application User Interfaces using Angular2
- Chaos Monkey
- DevOps Automation
- Agile/Lean development practices
Must be authorized to work legally within the US. H-1B Sponsorship is not available for this position. Spring Venture Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.