Who we are:
Spring Venture Group is one of the fastest-growing insurance distribution technologies companies in the Midwest. We’ve engineered a win-win value proposition that combines data science, marketing, analytics, sales, and technology to deliver real value to our clients every single day. We hire great people to do great work, have fun, and solve problems.
What we want:
The Service Desk Manager is responsible for managing all activities related to the IT service desk, ensuring productivity and employee equipment remain in working order, and any occuring issues are prioritized and resolved in a timely manner. The Service Desk Manager actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to increase the uptime for the employee’s technology resources.
- Lead the IT Service Desk organization by developing, refining and documenting processes, training staff and holding them accountable to the processes.
- Think strategically to identify any patterns and develop solutions for them.
- Use metrics to measure the team's effectiveness and individual performance.
- Meet with stakeholders in the organization to align department services and achieve the business goals of Spring Venture Group.
- Provide technology resources to support the onboarding of all new employees.
- Provide staff support for administrative tasks and projects relative to end-user client devices and associated software.
- Maintain a central source of information for vendor support contacts, escalations, help document technical guides for the IT Service Desk staff and other operational IT support staff.
- Manage the IT Service Desk staff including scheduling, consultation, performance evaluations, promotions, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities.
- Ensure that IT Service Desk staff are adequately trained on policy, processes and technical subjects.
- Accurately communicate pertinent information including system upgrades, changes and outages.
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Work effectively as a team member with other members of management.
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or 5 years minimum experience in a service desk role as a substitute for a degree.
- Experience creating and documenting processes, as well as managing work items
- Ability to travel to multiple offices to set up new locations and train staff members.
- Strong communication skills, delivering technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
Must be authorized to work legally within the US. H-1B Sponsorship is not available for this position. Spring Venture Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.