Who we are:
Spring Venture Group is one of the fastest-growing insurance distribution technologies companies in the Midwest. We’ve engineered a win-win value proposition that combines data science, marketing, analytics, sales, and technology to deliver real value to our clients every single day. We hire great people to do great work, have fun, and solve problems.
What we want:
We are seeking an organized and experienced Payroll Specialist. This position will process the bimonthly payroll, along with any additional reporting, resolving issues and answering questions for employees regarding payroll, i.e. earnings, deductions, taxes, bonuses, time cards, etc. Continued learning is key in this environment as you will be asked to acquire and apply new skills within our small-team setting to support the whole organization, working directly with management from accounting, finance and human resources.
- Review and import employee time cards into the payroll system on a bi-weekly basis, and review and import commission payments into the payroll system on a monthly basis
- Prepare and process hourly, salaried, sales and executive bi-weekly payrolls
- Calculate and process all payroll adjustments, deductions, earnings and obtaining any necessary approvals
- Process manual checks for situations such as terminations and discrepancies
- Research and resolve questions from managers and employees as they relate to the processing of payroll information such as banking, garnishments, retroactive-pay calculations, etc.
- Track and process all signing, referral, performance and discretionary bonuses
- Engage in ad-hoc analyses and reporting as needed to support the growth and development of the business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience with computerized payroll processing
- Must be highly organized with an attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Quickbooks experience preferred
- Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”)
- Strong problem-solving skills with a focus on process improvement
- Ability to take ownership for assigned projects and see through to completion
- Collaborate effectively and desire to work in a team environment
- Experience with Paycor HR, or other relevant payroll system is a plus
- Working knowledge of wage and hour laws